1957 “F” Series Factory Supercharged Thunderbird
- 1957 “F” Series Factory Supercharged Thunderbird
- 1 of Only 196 produced.
- Both Tops
- Classic Thunderbird Club International awards this F Supercharged Thunderbird SENIOR GOLD CONCOURS SHOW WINNER, in the toughest class of all Thunderbirds Concours Shows, PRIMARY ALL ORIGINAL. Afterwards I added the Thunderbird wire wheels.
- Body off the frame restoration with 00151 miles since restoration.
- 1957 Ford Factory Invoice for documentation
- Paxton Supercharged 312-300 Horse Power Thunderbird Special V/8
- Automatic 3 Speed Transmission
- Completely refinished throughout in Correct Colonial White with red Interior.
- Ford produced a limited run of just 196 F code Thunderbirds in 1957 to satisfy racing rules requirements.
- This is one of only 72 examples in Colonial White according to the F-Bird Registry.
- Ford turned to forced induction to clean up in NASCAR completion against Chevrolets with the F code Thunderbird with a V belt-driven Paxton McCulloch variable-ratio centrifugal supercharged, single boost-prepared 4-barrel carburetor in a pressure housing, special camshaft and dual point distributor.
- At The Daytona Speed Week, February 4, 1957, Danny Eames Set The American Sports Car Speed Record on the Famous Measured mile at 160.356 miles per hour, out Preforming The 1957 Fuel Injected Corvette.
- Ford was so successful in 1957 Racing that rules were subsequently changed to NOT allow supercharging.
- Fords Master Guide power steering
- Tinted Glass
- Power Windows
- RARE Dial O Matic Memory Power seat
- Town & Country signal seek and scan radio
- Best Quality Thunderbird Wheels, 5 B.F. Goodrich Silvertown Wide Whitewalls.
- Ford Accessory Backup Light System
- Both tops consist of Black Canvas convertible top and Colonial White porthole top